For those of you interested in an OER “out of the box” option that may ease you in to the fall semester, Lumen Learning is hosting webinars for SUNY and CUNY faculty members to walk through several of the OER courses most widely-used in US higher education (see list below; click here to register). These 30-40 minute webinars will provide a show-and-tell overview of ready-to-teach OER course materials that replace expensive textbooks. You’ll have the opportunity to see the OER courses and how they work inside our LMS, learn how you can customize and use them, and ask questions about teaching with OER. After the webinars, registrants will receive instructions for getting your own copy of the course to review and adopt this fall term or beyond.
The webinar schedule is:
- Wednesday 8/16, 12:00-1:00 pm ET: OER for Business – Intro to Business & Principles of Marketing
- Thursday 8/17, 11:00-12:00 pm ET: OER for Biology – Biology I-II
- Thursday 8/17, 2:00-3:00 pm ET: OER for Psychology – Intro to Psych
- Friday 8/18, 1:30-2:30 pm ET: OER for Writing – Comp I & Dev English
- Friday 8/18, 2:30-3:30 pm ET: OER for Math – College Algebra and More
- Tuesday 8/22, 12:00-1:00 pm ET: OER for Business – Intro to Business & Principles of Marketing
- Tuesday 8/22, 1:30-2:30 pm ET: OER for Math – College Algebra and More
- Thursday 8/24, 2:00-3:00 pm ET: OER for Writing – Comp I & Dev English
- Friday 8/25, 12:30-1:30 pm ET: OER for Psychology – Intro to Psych
- Friday 8/25, 1:00-2:00 pm ET: OER for Statistics
- Friday 8/25, 2:00-3:00 pm ET: OER for Biology – Biology I-II
You’re welcome to attend any of the webinars and share this invitation with others who may be interested. Use this link to register for session(s) you would like to attend.