Who Is eligible to participate?
Full-time faculty from all schools at Hunter and adjunct faculty who have taught at Hunter for at least three years are eligible to participate. Adjunct faculty must submit a letter of support from their department chair with their application. Please note the following:
- We encourage joint proposals by two or more faculty members.
- The faculty member(s) submitting the proposal should intend to develop the project and implement it in a class that they will be teaching in the 2015/2016 academic year.
- Faculty who received a FITT award in 2014 are not eligible to participate this year.
What is offered?
- A $2,000 stipend per project, paid upon successful completion of the project. The stipend may be adjusted for larger-scale projects developed by multiple faculty members.
- Assistance conceptualizing, developing, and assessing your project from:
- ICIT’s Technology Teaching and Learning Group (TTLG) and ICIT technical staff
- Hunter’s Office of Assessment
- Hunter’s Academic Center for Excellence in Research and Teaching (ACERT)
- Hunter Libraries faculty and staff
- Mentoring from faculty members who have done similar work.
What is expected in return?
- The development of an innovation to increase student engagement in your course or program, with all significant planning and design completed by the eynd of summer 2015.
- The development of a plan to assess that innovation, with assistance from ACERT and Office of Assessment staff.
- The implementation of that innovation during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- A willingness to share your innovation with faculty colleagues by:
- Participating in a pre-summer meeting on May 18, 2015 and an end-of-summer meeting on August 25, 2015.
- Presenting your work in progress during at least one mid-summer “cookies and chat” meeting.
- Collaborating with other faculty who are working on similar projects.
- Presenting your work at an ACERT Lunchtime Seminar in 2015-2016.
- Sharing your course or program web site and other materials with your colleagues at Hunter.
FITT 2015 Schedule
Award winners are expected to attend the pre-summer meeting on May 18 and the end-of-summer meeting on August 25. In addition to these meetings, we will organize “cookies and chat” meetings approximately every two weeks throughout the summer, at which award winners will share their work in progress and get feedback from colleagues, faculty mentors, and educational technologists. Award winners are expected to share their work during at least one of these meetings and are welcome to attend as often as they would like.
Schedule at a Glance
|March 9||Proposal submission deadline|
|March||Announcement of award recipients|
|May 18||Pre-summer meeting: Meet your FITT colleagues|
|Summer 2015||Cookies and Chat|
|August 25||End-of-summer meeting: Present your project to FITT colleagues|
|Fall 2015 or Spring 2016||Present your project at an ACERT Lunchtime Seminar|
How do I submit a proposal?
Proposal submission is now closed.
Pages: 1 | 2