Each spring, ACERT invites applications from potential Faculty Fellows for the following academic year. In a year-long appointment, Fellows work with ACERT in various ways, depending on their particular expertise and inclination. Fellows receive one three-credit course release during the academic year in which they serve (subject to approval of their department chair).
Fellows’ work with ACERT may include:
- Serving on the Steering Committee, which meets regularly to plan ACERT programs and events. The Steering Committee also has several longer planning meetings during the summer. Faculty Fellows are compensated as non-teaching adjuncts for attending these planning meetings.
- Serving on the Advisory Board, which meets each semester to discuss the broad mission, initiatives, and programming of ACERT.
- Developing and running a workshop or seminar for Hunter faculty: a Guided Exploration or a Teaching Scholarship Circle. Past topics have included web writing, designing hybrid and online courses, ePortfolio pedagogy, universal design, and publishing research on your pedagogy.
- Presenting and/or organizing teaching-related Lunchtime Seminars.
- Contributing occasional posts to the ACERT blog.
- Attending ACERT events and encouraging peer participation.
- Providing a brief summary of one’s activities as Fellow at the end of the year
For additional information about ACERT or the Faculty Fellows program, email us at email@example.com.
2017/2018 Faculty Fellows
- Maria Hernandez-Ojeda (Romance Languages)
- Dennis Robbins (Curriculum and Teaching)
Former Faculty Fellows
- Manashi Chatterjee (Chemistry)
- Jessie Daniels (Sociology)
- Philip Ewell (Music)
- Paul McPherron (English)
- Laura Baecher (Curriculum and Teaching)
- Donna Nickitas (Nursing)
- Michael Siller (Psychology)
- Jeff Allred (English)
- Wendy Hayden (English)
- Donna McGregor (Chemistry)
- Janet Patti (Curriculum and Teaching)