Each spring, ACERT invites applications from potential Faculty Fellows for the following academic year. In a year-long appointment, Fellows work with ACERT in various ways, depending on their particular expertise and inclination. Fellows receive one three-credit course release during the academic year in which they serve (subject to approval of their department chair).
Fellows’ work with ACERT may include:
- Serving on the Steering Committee, which meets twice a month to plan ACERT programs and events. The Steering Committee also has several longer planning meetings during the summer. Faculty Fellows are compensated as non-teaching adjuncts for attending these planning meetings.
- Serving on the Advisory Board, which meets twice a semester to discuss the broad mission, initiatives, and programming of ACERT.
- Developing and running a workshop or seminar for Hunter faculty: a Guided Exploration or a Teaching Scholarship Circle. Past topics have included web writing, designing hybrid and online courses, ePortfolio pedagogy, universal design, and publishing research on your pedagogy.
- Presenting and/or organizing teaching-related Lunchtime Seminars.
- Contributing occasional posts to the ACERT blog.
- Attending ACERT events and encouraging peer participation.
- Providing a brief summary of one’s activities as Fellow at the end of the year
For additional information about ACERT or the Faculty Fellows program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016/2017 Faculty Fellows
- Manashi Chatterjee (Chemistry)
- Jessie Daniels (Sociology)
- Philip Ewell (Music)
- Paul McPherron (English)
Former Faculty Fellows
- Laura Baecher (Curriculum and Teaching)
- Donna Nickitas (Nursing)
- Michael Siller (Psychology)
- Jeff Allred (English)
- Wendy Hayden (English)
- Donna McGregor (Chemistry)
- Janet Patti (Curriculum and Teaching)