Deadline April 16, 2018: Apply to be an ACERT Faculty Fellow in 2018/2019.
Each spring semester, ACERT invites applications for potential Faculty Fellows for the following academic year. In a year-long appointment, Fellows work with ACERT in various ways, depending on their particular expertise and inclination. Fellows receive one three-credit course release during the academic year in which they serve (subject to approval of their department chair).
Fellows’ work with ACERT may include:
- Serving on the Steering Committee, which meets regularly to plan ACERT programs and events. The Steering Committee also has two longer planning meetings, in June and January.
- Serving on the Advisory Board, which meets each semester to discuss the broad mission, initiatives, and programming of ACERT.
- Developing and running a workshop or seminar for Hunter faculty: a Guided Exploration or a Teaching Scholarship Circle. Past topics have included web writing, designing hybrid and online courses, critical race theory, civic engagement and activism in higher education, evidence-based instruction, mentoring students of color, multilingual students in the classroom, Universal Design Learning (UDL), and publishing research on your pedagogy.
- Presenting and/or organizing teaching-related Lunchtime Seminars.
- Contributing occasional posts to the ACERT blog.
- Attending ACERT events and encouraging peer participation.
- Providing a brief summary of one’s activities as Fellow at the end of the year
Full-time faculty from all schools at Hunter and adjunct faculty who have taught at Hunter for at least three years are eligible to submit a proposal. Adjunct faculty must submit a letter of support from their department chair with their application. Former Faculty Fellows not currently serving as Fellows may also apply.
For additional information about ACERT or the Faculty Fellows program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to be a Faculty Fellow in 2018/2019, fill out this form.
Comments are closed.