On October 26th, 2018 the Graduate Student Teaching Association (GSTA) will host the Ninth Annual Pedagogy Day at the Graduate Center CUNY. This event brings together people of all levels of experience who are interested in teaching of psychology and related disciplines.
Submit a proposal for your activity to the Pedagogy Day Planning Committee online at
Participants will be asked to demonstrate the activity at the Teaching Activity Blitz session of Pedagogy Day 2018. Participants will be asked to present a 5-8 minutepresentation consisting of no more than 5 presentation slides with the following format:.
- 1-2 slides devoted to the concept your activity illustrates
- 1-2 slide describing the activity
- 1-2 slides discussing the learning outcomes of your activity
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis, due at the latest by 5:00 PM October 1st, 2018. In your proposal, please be prepared to include the following information:
- Title of the activity
- Purpose of the activity/theory or concept the exercise illustrates
- Description of the activity
- Class it is appropriate for (e.g. Intro to Psych, Research Methods, Cognition, large lecture, small seminar, etc.)
We will accommodate as many submissions as possible. Presenters selected for the Activity Blitz will be asked to submit the final version of their short (5-slide) presentation no later than 5:00 PM on October 19th, 2018.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org